Campbell House School logo

Campbell House School

Campbell House School

Building Positive Relationships In A Learning Community

Telephone02 9827 6150


Special Schools (also known as Schools for Specific Purposes or SSPs) support students with intellectual disability, mental health disorder or autism spectrum disorder, students with physical or sensory impairment, and students with learning difficulties or behaviour disorder.

They cater for students from Kindergarten to Year 12 who meet the department's disability criteria.

Placements and review

Applications for placement are through the Access Request process.  An Access Request is usually arranged by the school learning and suport team at the local public school, but can also be organised through local Education Services team if a child is not yet enrolled. 

Local teams can be contacted on 131 536 and calls can be made from anywhere in NSW.

A Student is offered enrolment in a special school through a placement panel process. A student's eligibility is determined through the department's disability criteria as well as the availability of a place in an appropriate special class.

Enrolment arrangements for students with disability and additional learning and support needs are the same as for all students. To get information about enrolment, parents and carers can visit the local public school. More information is available on school enrolment.

A special school reviews the placement of each student annually. Reviews consider all aspects of a student's personalised learning and support, including wether or not the current placement is best meeting their learning and support needs.

Do you need help?

Parents or carers should contact the Principal of their child's school. Parents or carers whose child is not yet enrolled in school should contact their local school or local educational services team on 131 536.